Have you ever felt the cracking feeling of leaving your phone at home and realizing it just after some time? If yes, you are not the only one! The smartphones which were just science fiction 25 years back now role of smartphones in our lives is completely inevitable. Right from the moment one wakes up and till goes back to sleep, smartphones never leave hands from our hands.
From taking photos, catching up with the latest news, connecting with friends and family across the globe, managing business, checking emails to everything will be put on hold without a smartphone in your hand. With more than 3 billion smartphone users across the world, the role of smartphones in our lives is just beyond imagination.
Smartphone: The Ineluctable Truth of Modern Life
Do you remember the day when you tried taking a day off from using your phone and later that day grabbing the same device to take a peek on Instagram or an unavoidable business call? Oh ya, that happens to everybody because the role of smartphones is inevitable. According to a survey an average person uses a phone for about 3.5 hours and it doesn’t include the time of actual phone calls. The numbers are spurring day by day as smartphones are used more and more. This shows why around 1.59 billion smartphones were sold worldwide from 2019 to 20. Mobile internet has shrunk the earth to fit in your hands.
Let’s Talk the Need for Smartphones Through Numbers
There was a time when people used to wait months for a message to get delivered to another person at the other end of the world. That seems a really long time ago, thanks to smartphones for its ultra-fast frequency technology. But the importance of smartphones is more than just calls. Let us just establish this importance through a few numbers.
- More than 5 billion people have their smartphones in the world
- 22 percent of the smartphone users check their phones every few minutes
- Mobile apps consume about 87 percent of mobile usage time this shows why around 194 billion mobile apps were downloaded last year.
- Around 80 percent of smartphone users say that it has made them feel safer with communication possible for 24/7
- Top 9 Best Android Apps For Your Smartphone
- Realme 7 Pro Price in India – Full Specification and Details
Benefits of Owning a Smartphone
Listing the role of smartphones and its benefits in one paragraph is a herculean task but here are a few to get you excited. Let us just push back the same old things about talking distance calls and capturing the moment in live and talk something brand new.
- Professional photographs: you might think what is new about a camera in a smartphone, but it is one of the greatest that amplifies the significance of smartphones. Gone are the days when a camera in a smartphone meant just a black dot on the back.
But now you can take high-quality professional pictures just with a smartphone because one lens is boring, two lenses are normal and three lenses make you a pro instantly.
- How can we leave our assistants: if you are having the latest smartphone then you will have your own assistant either Siri, Google Assistant, or Cortana. They will do everything for you just on command. Pay your bills, remind you at the right moment and keep you updated with the latest happenings of literally everything.
- Can’t attend a meeting or a seminar because of transport, don’t worry, there is a video conference for your rescue. Connect with any number of people anywhere anytime with video calling apps. There is at least one video calling app that is a member of any smartphone user which notches up the role of smartphones.
- The highpoint of using a smartphone is banking and payment of bills. Now you can pay any bill within just a few clicks. The importance of smartphones is that it has put a full stop to waiting in long queues for almost anything.
- You can Do grocery shopping without a crowd, dress shopping for the latest trends, and buy literally anything with the help of a smartphone on the go.
- Also establishing and finding new relationships through dating apps adds to the importance of smartphones.
Having a doubt about something? Take your phone out and that can be your best teacher. Internet is another milestone that has elevated the significance of smartphone.
Smartphones now make us complete and whole. The impact of smartphones in our lives is represented by a steep curve over the past decade. As it is the all in one device which brings the world to your hands, the usage numbers are skyrocketing by the day. Simplifying in one line; “smartphones connect people to the world”.